Top 15 Parks in Bangkok: Enjoy Some Time in Green Spaces!
Are you planning to visit Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand? Bangkok has many parks and green spaces where you can relax and enjoy nature. These parks are a nice break from the busy city and offer beautiful gardens and places to rest.
Bangkok has different kinds of parks. Some are small and pretty, while others are big, with lakes and places to play sports. In this blog, we will tell you about the top 15 parks in Bangkok, each with its own special things to see and do.
Imagine walking through gardens filled with flowers and trees. You can hear the leaves rustling and feel the peacefulness around you. You can take a slow walk, have a picnic with your family, or find a quiet spot to sit and enjoy the calmness.
So, when you visit Bangkok, don't forget to spend some time in the parks in Bangkok. They are a great way to relax, have fun, and enjoy the beauty of nature.
Top Parks In Bangkok
1. Lumpini Park: Considered one of the most popular and well-known parks in Bangkok. Spread over 142 acres, it offers a peaceful oasis in the heart of the city. You can take a leisurely stroll around the park, have a picnic, or even rent a paddleboat and enjoy the lake. Don't forget to bring your camera to capture the beautiful scenery! It's also a well-known park in Bangkok with lizards, including monitor lizards. These fascinating creatures can often be spotted roaming freely within the park, adding to its unique charm.
2. Chatuchak Park: One of the best parks in Bangkok, it is located near the famous Chatuchak Weekend Market; this park is a favourite among locals and tourists alike. With its lush greenery, jogging tracks, and picnic spots, it's the perfect place to unwind after a busy day of shopping. You can also visit the park's Butterfly Garden, where you can observe different species of butterflies up close. Remember to use the "KKday promo code" for discounted bookings through KKday.
3. Benjakitti Park: Situated near the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center, Benjakitti Park is known for its scenic lake and cycling track. Rent a bike and explore the park while enjoying the fresh air. If you visit in the evening, you can witness the mesmerizing sight of the park's fountain illuminated with colorful lights. Use the "Klook promo code" to save on bike rentals and explore the park's jogging track or outdoor exercise equipment.
4. Chulalongkorn Centenary Park: This is a new park in Bangkok. This park was opened in 2017 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the establishment of Chulalongkorn University. It is located in the heart of Bangkok; with its central location and modern design, Chulalongkorn Centenary Park has become a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. It offers a peaceful retreat from the city's hustle and bustle, providing a harmonious blend of nature, fitness, and sustainability for all to enjoy.
5. Suan Luang Rama IX Park: Known as the biggest park in Bangkok, Suan Luang Rama IX Park is spread over an expansive area of 200 acres. It features beautiful gardens, a large lake, and even a botanical garden. Take a leisurely walk, visit the orchid pavilion, or simply sit by the lake and soak in the tranquility of nature.
6. Wachirabenchathat Park: Commonly referred to as "Rot Fai Park" or "Train Park," Wachirabenchathat Park is a favorite among joggers and cyclists. The park gets its nickname from the old train track that runs through it. You can rent a bicycle or join an aerobics class to stay active while enjoying the park's green surroundings. Use the "ส่วนลด MegaTix" promo code to get discounted tickets for special events hosted in the park.
7. King Rama IX Park: Named after the ninth king of the Chakri Dynasty, King Rama IX Park is a beautiful and well-maintained park. It is home to numerous gardens, including a famous rose garden and a botanical garden. With its vast open spaces and colorful flowers, it's a paradise for nature lovers. Use the "ส่วนลด Trip.com" promo code to enjoy savings on your bookings via Trip.com.
8. Queen Sirikit Park: This park is dedicated to Her Majesty Queen Sirikit and is known for its extensive collection of tropical plants and flowers. It's a great place for a leisurely walk or a picnic surrounded by nature's beauty. Don't forget to explore the park's Orchid Garden, which showcases a variety of stunning orchids.
9. Romaneenart Park: Tucked away in Bangkok's old town area, Romaneenart Park offers a peaceful escape from the city's hustle and bustle. With its shady trees and well-maintained paths, it's a perfect spot for a quiet stroll or a yoga session. The park also features outdoor exercise equipment, so you can get a workout while enjoying the fresh air.
10. Rama IX Sports Park: If you're a sports enthusiast, Rama IX Sports Park is the place to be. This park offers a wide range of sporting facilities, including football fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, and a skate park. You can gather your friends for a friendly match or join one of the sports classes available at the park.
11. Suan Rod Fai (Railway Park): Suan Rod Fai, also known as the Railway Park, is a hidden gem in Bangkok. It gets its name from the railway tracks that used to pass through the area. Today, the tracks have been transformed into a scenic cycling and jogging trail. Rent a bike and explore the park's lush greenery while enjoying the peaceful atmosphere. Don't forget to use the "ส่วนลด Klook promo code" to avail of special discounts when booking activities through Klook.
12. Dream World: One of the popular amusement parks in Bangkok is Dream World. Dream World is a thrilling and entertaining theme park that offers a wide range of attractions and rides for visitors of all ages. Located on the outskirts of Bangkok, Dream World is easily accessible and provides a fun-filled day for families and friends. The park is divided into several zones, each with its unique theme and attractions. One of the main highlights of Dream World is its selection of exciting rides. From adrenaline-pumping roller coasters to water rides and carousels, there's something for everyone.
13. Benchasiri Park: Located in the heart of Sukhumvit, Benchasiri Park is a popular spot for both locals and tourists. It features a large lake, a jogging track, and plenty of open spaces for picnics. The park also hosts occasional events and concerts, so keep an eye out for any upcoming performances.
14. Siam Park City: If you're looking for an amusement park experience in Bangkok, Siam Park City is the place to go. Siam Park City is considered one of the best amusement parks in Bangkok. Located on the outskirts of the city, Siam Park City offers a diverse range of attractions and activities for visitors of all ages. It's the largest amusement park in Southeast Asia and offers a wide range of thrilling rides and attractions. From roller coasters to water slides, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
15. Dusit Zoo Park: Although not technically a park, Dusit Zoo is a must-visit attraction for animal lovers. It's the oldest zoo in Thailand and houses a diverse range of animals, including elephants, giraffes, and tigers. Take a leisurely walk around the zoo and learn about different species from around the world.
In conclusion, Bangkok is not just a city of vibrant markets and bustling streets; it also offers a variety of green spaces and parks where you can relax, unwind, and connect with nature. Whether you're in the mood for a leisurely stroll, a picnic with friends, or an adrenaline-pumping amusement park adventure, Bangkok's parks have something to offer for everyone. So, make sure to include a visit to these top 15 parks in Bangkok on your itinerary and enjoy some quality time in the city's green spaces!
What is the biggest public park in Bangkok?
The biggest park in Bangkok is called Suan Luang Rama IX Park. It's very large, covering an area as big as 200 football fields! It has beautiful gardens, a big lake, and a special garden for plants. People go there to relax and enjoy nature.
What is Bangkok's newest park?
Bangkok's newest park is called Chulalongkorn Centenary Park. It was opened in 2017 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the university. It's in the middle of the city and has lots of trees and plants. People can go there to exercise, ride bikes, and play. It's a nice place to be in nature.
What is the best area in Bangkok?
The best area of Bangkok depends on what you like. One area that many people like is called Sukhumvit. It's a busy place with lots of things to do. There are fun places to go at night, big shopping centers, and many different restaurants. It's also easy to travel around because of the BTS Skytrain. People like Sukhumvit because there are modern things to do and learn about Thai culture.
What is the closest jungle to Bangkok?
The closest jungle to Bangkok is called Khao Yai National Park. It's about 125 kilometres away. Many people who like nature and adventure go there. It's a big park with trees and animals like elephants and birds. Visitors can walk in the jungle, see beautiful waterfalls, and go on tours to see the animals. It's a nice place to be in nature without going too far from Bangkok.
What is the most famous park in Thailand?
The most famous park in Thailand is Lumpini Park in Bangkok. Many people, both local and visitors, like to go there. It's a big park with gardens and a big lake. People can rent paddleboats and exercise at the fitness center. In the park, you can see big lizards called monitor lizards. It's a special place to relax and have fun.
What is the most popular park in Thailand?
The most popular park in Thailand is Chatuchak Park in Bangkok. Many people like to go there because it's near a famous market. The park has nice gardens and places to run or walk. People can have picnics and enjoy the park after shopping. There is also a butterfly garden where visitors can see many pretty butterflies up close.
Which floating market is best in Bangkok?
The best-floating market in Bangkok is called Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. It's about 100 kilometers away from the city. This market is famous for being on the water. People can go on boats and see vendors selling fresh fruits, vegetables, and tasty food. It's a special experience to see how people live and sell things on the water.
Which park is Asia's biggest park?
The biggest park in Asia is Yoyogi Park, which is in Tokyo, Japan. Even though it's not in Bangkok, it's still important to mention. The park is really big, about the size of 134 football fields! It has lots of grass and walking paths. In the spring, beautiful cherry blossom trees bloom there, and people from all over the world come to see them. The park also has places to play sports, have picnics, and ride bicycles. On weekends, there are street performers and events, making it a fun place to be.